Passionate About The Packers
Welcome to a renewed blog written Melinda Banks, long time Packers fanatic. This blog will cover all things Green Bay Packers.
- He'll probably sue the photographer for making him look stupid #alternativefacts 😂 twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 5 months ago
- RT @pattonoswalt: I ENDORSE THIS 100%. This is the next march. This is the next demonstration. Please RT, everyone. Every city. https://t.c… 5 months ago
- Packers fans after losing the NFCCG .. No other fans compare, or get this #WeLoveOurPackers #GoPackGo https://t.co/8Yw4sjqffE 5 months ago
- #AlwaysBackThePackers ! twitter.com/KaeRossi/statu… 5 months ago
- Thank you Green Bay Packers for 8 straight years of post-season! NFC North Championship title back where it belongs! #GoPackGO til next yr 5 months ago
- I'm now hoping for a #PackersMiracle 5 months ago
- It's not a great start. But I still believe in #PackersMagic #GoPackGo #Believe 5 months ago
- Dammit! That was going to be good. 5 months ago
- Dirty Birds at it again! #GBvsATL https://t.co/XqeR2i2Rxc 5 months ago
- RT @PackersFan1113: TERRIBLE twitter.com/nuggetpalooza/… 5 months ago
- Come on Packers do better! #GoPackGo 5 months ago
- @j_hussain especially rude with an injured player on the field 5 months ago
- Play smart defense hit them hard but don't get hurt! #GoPackGo #RunTheTable 5 months ago
- RT @packers: GAME TIME 🏈‼️ #GBvsATL for a trip to #SB51 #GoPackGo https://t.co/9VoOAZ4ME5 5 months ago
- PUMPED UP! #GoPackGo twitter.com/packers/status… 5 months ago
Monthly Archives: September 2011
Randall Cobb’s 108 yard kick off return has placed his name in the record books, however, he owes a big THANK YOU to John Kuhn for holding him up, turning him toward the correct goal and giving him a little “there you go” push.
Did you see that sack on Drew Brees by Jarius Wynn? Impressive, wasn’t it? That’s what I thought while watching the game Thursday night. Not only did the offense put on a show, but so did DE #94 in my opinion.
Jarius Wynn stepped into the DE starter position left vacant by an injured Mike Neal. At 6’3″ and 285lbs, he is an imposing figure.
Wynn was instrumental in the goal line stands that helped the defense prevent another score by the Saints. I spoke with him briefly this morning and he was very gracious in answering my sometimes silly, sometimes serious questions.
You can see my attempt at a serious interview http://lombardiave.com/?p=6735
First off, I was not exactly prepared, when the phone rang, I had to run up a flight of stairs to get my notes and to get some privacy. (Hey, I’m a blogger, not a professional sports writer).
By the time I got upstairs and settled, I may or may not have sounded nervous and out of breath, but I muddled through..determined to ask Jarius some questions that have been haunting me since preseason and I began following him on Twitter.
My first question was regarding him being drafted in 2009 and then released in the 2010 preseason.
Me: As a Packer fan, I am very emotionally invested in the team. I can’t imagine what the players go through when they get released by a team. Did you take it personally or did you accept it as part of the business of the NFL?
Wynn: It’s hard not to take it personally, but I used it as a learning experience
Me: Wow, I don’t know how you do it. I literally had tears rolling down my face during player cuts this year.
Wynn: (Laughing) Really???
Me: Yes, and I don’t think I was the only fan to shed a tear.
Wynn: (Still laughing)
Me: Anyway… so tell me about your nickname “SlickWynn”, how’d you get it, what does it mean and does coach call you that?
Wynn: (Laughing again) I actually got that nickname in college. I got a haircut, that was, you know, real low.. and people just started calling me SlickWynn. It stuck. And some of the coaches do call me that or JDubb (short for JW).
Me: Are you married?
Me: I haven’t seen your wife on Twitter, like other players’ wives..
Wynn: No, she’s not on Twitter.. we’ll be celebrating our 1 year anniversary on September 21st.
Me: Oh! That’s coming up! Congratulations..
Me: Give me your prediction for this year.
Wynn: I don’t give predictions (See serious interview)
Me: Well, I’ll tell you mine and tell me what you think…
Me: 13-3.. I’d say 16-0 but the Packers sometimes struggle on the road against our division
Wynn: Who in our division do you think will beat us??!!
Me: (Gulp) Um, well you know, there’s the Lions, they beat us last year and the Bears always give us grief. (Realizing that he didn’t particularly care for my answer)
Wynn: Well, we had the injuries when the Lions beat us, we should have won that game.
Me: (Agreeing profusely)..Yes, we would have!
I asked him a few more questions about playing against the Saints, (see serious interview)… and thanked him for taking the time to talk to me.
I want to add that he is a VERY genuine person and is sure to be a fan favorite with his personable and outgoing personality.
Oh, and I heard there may be some “Wynning” t-shirts in the works. Packer fans always love to support the players and sport t-shirts of our fav’s. We should be hearing more about these soon.
Be sure to follow him on Twitter @slickwynn94
I’ve been managing this blog on my own for a while and decided that I would really love to have some other, equally passionate Packer fan ladies join me this season as we talk Green Bay Packers football.
Keep posted for a bio from Ashley. She’s been extremely busy with other projects lately, but will be contributing to this blog as often as she can. Be sure to follow her on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Im_Just_Ash
The previous two match up for the Saints were vs the Colts, where they managed to lose 41-10 and last year the then reigning Super Bowl champions barely eeked out a win versus a much lesser team, the Minnesota Vikings.
This tells me that the game Thursday should be all Packers, all the time. The Saints appear to get off to an extremely slow start. And with WR Lance Moore out for the game with a groin injury, Brees will have slim pickings on offense.
I look for the Packers to make a romp of this game Packers 44 Saints 14.
It should be a huge party night in Green Bay!
Go Pack Go!