Trent Dilfer gave a heartfelt plea to all NFL fans on behalf of Brett Favre… “just forget about the last three years” he said Sunday night on ESPN. Trying to make a case for fans to forget about recent history and think about the big picture.
Let’s think about that for a moment. If Favre had retired from the Green Bay Packers in 2007:
- He would definitely be healthier
- He probably wouldn’t have aged 10 years
- He would be just two years away from earning a first year ballot Hall of Fame spot
- He would have never met Jenn Sterger
- He would have never gone through a sexting scandal
- He would have the adoration of every NFL fan in the country
- He would be a hero instead of a has-been
Maybe he should try clicking his heels together three times and chant “There’s no place like home”
Note: Unfortunately, ESPN seems to have removed the Dilfer video, so I can’t show you here. But if I find it, I’ll plug it in.